I am a front-end web developer from Glasgow, Scotland. I love making things, I always have. As a kid I used to draw lots of gadgets that I could have in my room. So when I went to University I studied Multimedia Visualisation with Product Design, which gave me the opportunity to make things on and off the screen. I left university with the knowledge that a couple lines of code can make amazing things so began making websites. I have now worked as a front-end web developer for 7 years.
When I'm not at work I like to try and do things outdoors in the fresh air. I cycle a lot, go walking and like to go for a swim to loosen off the shoulders. I regularly go to the cinema too, I like anything but horror movies! I enjoy playing games too, computer and board. I have been known to get seriously addicted to Minecraft. I love the simplicity of the game and being able to constantly work on something to make it better. I have the same attitude towards coding. Every site I do I try to put my best work into it. I'm not a fan of quick fixes and short cuts, I would rather work all night re-doing something if it was going to be beneficial in the long run.
- HTML, CSS (SCSS)
- Foundation, Susy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- HTML Mailers
- Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor
- PHP & MySQL
- Gulp, npm, Composer
- Liaising with clients & writing project briefs
- CMS training sessions and writing help documentation
- Creating holding pages
- Designing, coding and sending email newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Providing development timings based on designs to help with project timelines
- Project management using Trello
Here is a selection of the website's I have worked on as a developer.